Saturday 9 February 2013

On the Pinboard: Sara and Tim's Autumn Wedding


On the Pinboard!
Welcome to the first issue of 'On the Pinboard'. We work with so many unique couples who go on to have beautiful unique wedding that we want to celebrate their weddings, to do so we're going to start posting 'On the Pinboard'. Here you'll find wedding pictures and the story of the couples dreams for their day including how Graphic Embers played a part in creating an element of that day.


On the Pinboard: Sara Hodgson & Tim Bishop

Wedding Date & Venue:
Wednesday 10th October 2012, Married in St Mary the Virgin, Hesket-in-the-Forest, Cumbria.  Reception at The Inn on the Lake, Glenridding
 
Did you a have a theme? Describe how you pictured your wedding while planning.
We both love autumn and the month of October so we knew this would be the month we would marry.  Originally brown was going to be the main colour with autumnal leaves and berries creating texture and contrast.  Brown really didn't suit my bridesmaids skin tone though, so burnt orange quickly took over once her dress had been chosen.  I wanted a wedding that was personal to myself and Tim, the colours/theme did not take over, instead they were used to link everything together throughout the day
 
What made you chose to use a professional stationer and do you think it was the right decision?
I had every intention of making my own stationery, but I had so many ideas and knew from experience with other things that in time I would see nothing but flaws so started looking at fayres and on forums to see what was available.  It was without a doubt one of the best decisions I made during the planning of our wedding
 
Did you choose a standard design, a customised design or something bespoke? Did we meet your style requirements?
Matthew and Angela created a bespoke design for us, I emailed stating a couple of ideas I had and I was sent a design proof in various colourways a short period of time later.  The design I was sent was for a more expensive, laser cut design and I instantly loved it!  It was something I wouldn't have been able to create myself, was unusual, bold and textured.
 
Why did you choose Graphic Embers and did we provide the service you hoped for?
I followed Graphic Embers work on their facebook page and the Wedding Ideas Forum for awhile before contacting them regarding our wedding stationery.  They have a strong passion for weddings and the work which they create, they display their creations and leave it up to the individual to approach them, while its their income they do not 'push' for clients, I liked this.  Graphic Embers exceeded my expectations! Both with their amazing customer service and their beautifully finished products
 
What did you enjoy most about working with Graphic Embers?
They were as passionate and excited about our stationery as we were.  We were kept up-to-date on each step.  The invites were truly amazing and I loved both the finished product and the customer service so much that I decided to have all the on the day stationery created to match.  I had every faith in them from the invites, so when they suggested a wooden tableplan I went with it, I had no idea what to expect, but I was not disappointed.  The stationery we were provided with is truely amazing, it is unique and personal, I liked the excitement of waiting for the design proofs, then for the finished product, then seeing it all together on our wedding day.  It was great to see our guests as amazed by the stationery, especially the table plan, as we ourselves had been when we received it.

Photography: 
Wedding photography by  Christopher Birkett of Birkett Photography  www.birkettphotography.com

So far Tim and Sara's stationery has been one of my favourites to create, especially the wooden table plan. I miss working on the quirky and bold stationery with such a lovely client. Matthew and I both wish Sara and Tim all the best in their married life!

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment